- (after seeing a handsome resident that I've never seen before and telling my coworkers I'd go up to him rapping LL Cool J's Doin' It Well since it was playing on Pandora)
- My Boss: Where did you come from?
- My Coworker: You brought her here.
- Me: A tribe called quest!
- All of us: (breaks out laughing)
I look forward to what’s to come. I can’t wait for the someone who embodies the certainty that every previous relationship went to rot, because this one is ever-ripe. I mean, I can wait.. because I want to be ready for that kind of a thing when it comes to find me. Still, I’m anxious. But I’m actively working on the demonstration of patience. I’ve got plans for you.
- girl: and what about you warsan, what do you look for in a partner?
- me: just someone is who is ready for a dystopian post apocalyptic future earth and has mentally perpared himself for the the possibility of a zombie attack.
- girl: okay?
- me: i also like kindness, beards, emotional intelligence and innapropriate wit.
- girl: okay.
- me: maybe someone whose lap i can sit on while we research the link between hip hop and alien existence.
- girl: well i hope that goes well for you.
Ahhhhh! I’m excited to read it. Go youuu.
- Monica: I can't stop smiling
- Rachel: I see that. You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth.
It’s not enough to ignore me
Now you’re disturbing my sleep
My only chance at peace
Got me living our love through my dreams
And my dreams say I’m not happy here
Even my subconscious is self conscious
Considers sharing you
Compares myself to women I wonder if you’re wanting
Am I not soft enough?
Not submissive enough?
Not docile enough?
Or just entirely too much me?
These are all hypothetical questions I wouldn’t dare you to answer
Cus’ you’d probably tell me the truth
And truth has too much sting to it these days
Especially when you aren’t even a liquor drinker
No elixir exist that could help knock the edge off
Sends out harsh words, but coats in stickiness
In reality I’ve set boundaries
In my dreams, I’ve even tried polygamy
Granted my self conscious sub conscious knew I couldn’t love like that
Woke me from my sleep
Proof to me it wasn’t even worth pondering
I know I’m a lot to handle
But it’s just enough to spread throughout a lifetime
Just enough spark to greet consistency with spontaneity
I know I can’t gift wrap something you have outwardly denied
Aint enough glitter to make shit shine
Some things should just be seen for what they are
Wanted for what they are
Loved for what they are
You should love me for what I am
With more than a little whimsical
And a lot of wanting
On the surface
And in places that burn
But each place spells out your name
Wants to be called home by you
Wants to be your safe haven
I want to be your safe haven
Not wrestle the demons out my sleep
And awake to a world where you occasionally deny me
When I can’t be sure what the lesson is
My face should probably see a bible more
My knees should probably be a little more giving
But I’m always fearful of sending my worries to the wrong man
And this is proof of such
Here I am stressing our lack of communication
Like Jesus aint always been on the main line
- Coworker: You doing okay today?
- Me: I will be.